Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

I'm new to the forum and don't have much to share, unfortunately. In December, my best friend and the sweetest dog I have ever known, Lola passed away at 13. She was a Labrador Retriever mix and died of old age. I miss her so immensely and think about her all the time...

It has been almost 8 months since her passing and our home feels empty. We all know we need to fill the void with another dog to make us whole again. There are no plans set in stone right now for the gender, but we are sure that we will be rescuing him/her.

I haven't owned a puppy in 13 years, so I'm going to need all the help I can get. :rolleyes:

Pleased to meet you all and I look forward to talking to you!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi there Ophelia!

It's funny, it was just about the same amount of time from when we lost our previous dog to when our home felt "empty" and we felt it was time to adopt again. I will say, especially considering you're used to having a larger breed, AND that you're interested in rescuing - DEFINITELY consider adopting a retired racing greyhound! I know they're not puppies, but many of them have a lot of puppy left in them! (My 4 year old has total puppy spunk still :) ) I'm sure there are others on here with retired racers who can give advice as well, but if you have any questions about them, definitely PM me and I will give you any information you'd like!!

No matter what you end up getting, enjoy the adoption journey. :eek:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts