Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have just found this forum I am a dog lover had them all my life... This year has been a really tough one for me. I have lost four dogs I'm hoping to talk about this with other dog lovers as the grief is overwhelming at this point.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Sorry for your loss; last year I lost two within a couple months of each other; they were both 10years old; one had a brain tumor and the other kidney failure so do know the sorrow. These were the two:
2012-06-02 17.20.43.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi my circumstances were very sad two of my dogs I lost to cancer they were 12 and 10. I know they needed peace and were in pain I really miss them.

The other two one was 11 and he was attacked and killed by a dog that I had rescued. A family member left them all out together instead of separating them. Finally my little boy managed to get out of his harness run across the road and get run over by a negligent driver who was going way to fast I saw it all.

I'm finding it so hard to cope and feel I should have done something that could have changed these events. I'm not sure what to do to overcome this it's so sad. I rescued the little fella that was run over at a very young age of 8 weeks and he died at 20 months old I'm so sad. He had a barking problem and I regret complaining about it now I would do anything to hear him bark again.

Any advice would be appreciated I'm just not coping well.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Yes it is. You did all you could for the situations. I had a beautiful Doberman at one time and added a champion Wire Haired Terrier to the family as all my dogs, 2 Doberman 1 Pommeranian, were getting on fine but I made a mistake and let the Wire Hair out with the other dogs with me out with them and my Doberman shook him so bad it broke all his ribs and he didn't make it out of surgery, but I learned a lesson from it so all is ok now, it will get better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts