Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
My name is Missy. I have two beautiful yellow labs.
I cannot bear to get rid of them as they were my first "children", brother and sister, so they are at my families house being taken care of!
I moved 1 1/2 years ago for school. While I was gone I was married, then pregnant, my husband lost his job, two days later when moving our stuff home he was hit head on and suffered burns. I took care of his wounds and needs from the time I was six months pregnant until last month. After the accident a chain of terrible things happened in my family, loss of my brother, my dad was hit while driving OTR, etc., so my poor babies still had to see me just a little each day since my hands were full and with neither of us working no way to care for them at home. I had my baby, two months later I was in the hospital for kidney stones and two days after my husband decided he wanted to leave because it was all too much for him!!!
I can handle everything that has been thrown at me with my head heal high but at this point until I am able to finish school, which will be a while or I get an awesome job after I am able to work again I still won't be able to care for my babies on my own!
I want to know if there is any kind of help for people who are hit with tragic events for pets?
I had heard of a site for yellow labs that they ban together to help one another and even do a shared pet for people who can't have their own at home, they help take care of expenses to be able to spend time with your dog.
I am starting to think is was a joke because I have not found that. I did find a site to take in only yellow labs but they wouldn't say for sure they could place them together and these two nearly starved themselves being in apart once!

I have gone with out meals for these dogs before and I will gladly do it again, I don't want to get rid of them, I will dig myself out of this mess one way or another, I just want to have my things all together with as much loss and craziness I have been through this year!
Any help will be great!! Thanks

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
First and foremost ... I am so sorry to hear of all your trials and tribulations ... my honest to goodness thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family and your dogs. I really have no advice ... but have you tried joining a breed specific Lab forum? They may know of a rescue or group who could be of help... not saying you are going to give up your dogs ... but they may know of a breed specific organization to help with costs. Just Google Labrador forums.

Good luck in your search and everything in between. :) Sorry I could not be of actual help. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts