Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We're new to DogForums and thank everyone so much for all the advice we've already gotten by reading old threads.

Meet Independence (Indy for short) named in honor of her adoption over the 4th of July weekend. We adopted her from the Headwaters Animal Shelter in Park Rapids, MN.

We're told she's about 7-8 months old. The shelter called her a hound mix- the vet said she looked like she had some Springer in her as well. When people see pics many have said she looks like a Greater Swiss Mountain Dog, but she's pretty small for that (37 pounds... and the vet told us to back off on the feeding since she was getting a little extra padding). We've pretty much come to the conclusion that she was probably the mutt of two mutts and could be a mix of several breeds... and we love her for it.

She's got a great temperament and loves being around people. She loves going to walks and sniffing, chewing (LOVES her Kong), tracking the rabbit living in our bushes, and hiding her rawhide bone. She is one smart cookie. She's already learning her boundaries inside and out and we pretty much have Sit mastered. We're still learning stay and come and how not to jump on people when we greet them.

I'm so glad we chose to look at a shelter. I can't imagine finding a better dog and I'm glad we could give her a home!

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Indy is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! I love her eyebrows. I tend to be partial to dogs with the cute little brown eyebrows. She looks bigger then 37 pounds on her pictures. :) She looks to have very kissable ears as well.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Welcome aboard, she is cute, and I love the name, very original.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Indy is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! I love her eyebrows. I tend to be partial to dogs with the cute little brown eyebrows. She looks bigger then 37 pounds on her pictures. :) She looks to have very kissable ears as well.
Gee Inga, I wonder why...:D Brown eye brows on black dogs are cute I must admit!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Congratulations! Indy is so beautiful! I know you will have some wonderful times together. Love the pictures.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts