Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Willow and I are new to the forum! Willow is my first Tibetan Terrier. Anyone here have one? I have a strange question about her :D I have had her a week, she is 10 weeks old and she is starting to settle into her new home with her 2 roommates who are labs.
My concern is that she doesn't wag her tail or have puppy wiggles. I don't know if this is a breed thing but every other puppy I've had or met goes nuts with the tail. She is excited to see me and loves to sit on my lap. I don't notice anything unusual about her except she licks herself a lot but we have a vet visit scheduled for Monday and I can ask them to check for a UTI or infection. I am also going to clip the hair around her butt.
Any input would be welcome!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
She is adorable!! Some dogs just aren't much waggers i guess. My schnauzer didn't wag his tail much until we got our second dog.

But she may still also be nervous about her new home. Licking can be a sign of stress, it can release endorphins so some will lick endlessly when they aren't feeling right. Since you're going to the vet monday I would bring it up.

Good luck. We need more pics!! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts