Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed today that my pup's toothbrush is starting to look a little bit raggedy, and it got me thinking... How often does a dog's toothbrush needs to be changed?

How often do you change your dog's toothbrush? And are there other things you like to do as a part of your dog's dental routine?

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
I'd change it as often as I change my own, about every 3-4 months.

I feed raw to my dogs and cats which does amazing things for their teeth. Clean and healthy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi :) I change my dog's toothbrush roughly every two months. One of my dogs hated my using a toothbrush so I used a finger brush which was good because they didn't mind that as much. Do you brush your dog's teeth daily?

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
I brush my dog's teeth every other day, and I replace the brush when the bristles wear down and get soft, about every 4 - 6 mos. 3-4 mos is probably a good time (replacing 3 - 4 times a year.)

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
I use an exfoliating bath glove instead of a tooth brush. I find it's much easier to use, because I can actually feel what I'm doing. I've been using the same two gloves for 3 months now, but they're getting a bit ratty, so it probably works out to one glove every 6-8 weeks. (I brush every day.)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I brush my dog's teeth every day, sometimes twice a day. I try to brush her teeth same time I brush mine, it's just easier for me to remember lol. I think I should change her toothbrush now. I wonder if the pet store sells dog toothbrushes in value packs, I haven't been to one in a while.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
I brush my dog's teeth every day, sometimes twice a day. I try to brush her teeth same time I brush mine, it's just easier for me to remember lol. I think I should change her toothbrush now. I wonder if the pet store sells dog toothbrushes in value packs, I haven't been to one in a while.
I only ever see them in packages along with the toothpaste as a set? I often wondered why couldn't you use a childs soft bristled toothbrush? Anyone know?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I only ever see them in packages along with the toothpaste as a set? I often wondered why couldn't you use a childs soft bristled toothbrush? Anyone know?
I wonder this myself. I already have 2 bottles of toothpaste saved up from buying the set. I would be great if I could buy a bulk pack and not have a mountain of doggie toothpaste hidden in my bathroom, lol.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
I wonder this myself. I already have 2 bottles of toothpaste saved up from buying the set. I would be great if I could buy a bulk pack and not have a mountain of doggie toothpaste hidden in my bathroom, lol.
Maybe buy a childs soft bristle toothbrush at a dollar store and compare it to the ones you have? See if it is similar? I know you can get those in value packs! :) I am going to try it too. I have to start to teach little Eddee that we brush our teeth! Lol! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts