Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm Melanie. I'm a 25 year old married mother of two human kids and two not human kids. My human kids are almost 4 years old and 14 months old. My non human kids are a 6 year old snow shoe Siamese named Dixie. (She was adopted as a kitten from a local rescue center). My other is a 18 month old Yellow (Blonde) Lab which we got Tuesday from our local chapter of craigslist.

I placed a ad on CL with our dog history and what we were looking for. After 10 e-mails and a few days the right dog was found! His owners got him for their 16 year old which never did as she promised. She left her parents to walk Toby and care for Toby. Both parents had to return to work after losing a lot in the stock market and Toby was placed in a crate all day long. They also had a smaller child in which he loved and missed when she was placed in daycare. After reading my post, they knew Toby would be a great match for the kids and I since we are home all day. Toby has attached his self to me mostly, but loves the kids and my husband!

I'm joining this site, to read and hear stories about dogs. To get back into the dog life after almost a year of not owning a dog!

thanks,
Melanie

·
Registered
325 Posts
Welcome to the forum Melanie and congrats on your new dog. Toby is a gorgeous boy. :) Noticed you're in Jax, I was born and raised there.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Welcome to the forum Melanie and congrats on your new dog. Toby is a gorgeous boy. :) Noticed you're in Jax, I was born and raised there.
I've been here most of my life. I actually love Jacksonville.

Question- how do I get a default picture? I put one in but it doesn't show when I leave comments.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Welcome to the forum Melanie, nice looking lab you've got there! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts