Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, just joined the forums, i have actually came here a few times just reading up on things. Just thought i tell everyone what dogs we have, 2 yr old blk and white female akita, 1yr old red and white male siberian, and the newest addition a 6 wk old agouti male siberian.

Attachments

·
Registered
750 Posts
Very pritty Akita! your puppy is only 6 weeks? it really should still be with it's litter mates.
Don't start with that, i know this person, takes GREAT care of their dogs.
My Husky was also 6 weeks when i brought him home, and nothing worse than a month of nipping happened.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The akita's name is Izzy, the 1 yr old siberian is Koozie, and the pup is Keno.
Yeah we are dealing with the nipping too, our akita keeps him in check, she is the dominant one in the pack and she is making sure he knows it, she did it with out first siberian, we got him at 6 wks also, the new pup is really smart though, he is already fairly well house broken, he whines everytime he needs out, even in the middle of the night, and we have only had him home for four days. Hes learning his name already and can sit and shake, my wife takes about 3 hours a day with him and works with him on things, he is a fast learner, he may end up smarter then my akita, and she is too smart for her own good.

·
Registered
393 Posts
We brought our pup home when she was 6 1/2 weeks old. The owner told us we could come get her at 5 1/2 weeks, but I knew that was too early and said we would wait a week. By the time we picked her up all the other puppies were gone, she was the only one left with mom. She had some nipping issues early on, but no other early-separation problems.
Edit: I love the name Keno, very cute!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts