Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,

My name is Ericka and I'm new to this forum. Figured I'd check it out and see what kind of advice I can get with taking care of my new golden retreiver puppy and such. Along with checking out everyone elses adorable dogs/pups :)

Last month I got my puppy, her name is Lola and she's a golden retriever and currently part devil lol. She'll be 3 months old on the 28th of this month. She's got the "sit" command down and she knows the word "crate". However, she's got a problem with the jumping/ biting thing still. But we're working on that. But I do appreciate any feedback I can get if you have any tips/tricks to getting her to stop sooner.

Thanks-- Oh, and below are some pictures of her :)
Sorry if they're obnoxiously large I didnt know how to resize them :x

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I love the puppy golden fur they always have while young! So cute!!

Basics are redirecting with a toy and yelping when she bites. Check out the bite stops here sticky.

also- make sure she wears a life jacket when on a boat! My lab can swim faster than I can, and I still make him wear one when we're on the boat as it only takes a second or two for them to leap in!

·
Registered
72 Posts
so cute!! My puppy took a few months to stop the biting! Do the things you see here and then just be consistent and wait it out. Your puppy is so cute, congrats on the new baby!

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Is anything cuter than a golden puppy?

Retrievers are mouthy- it's what they were created for, after all. There's a sticky called The Bite Stops Here, I think in the training section, that is really useful. Just follow the advice, and stick with it. Too many people try it for a day or two and then give up and try something else. You need to give it some time.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Awwwwe ... Lola is so pretty and fluffy! I bet she is really soft to snuggle with! :)

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
The Bite Stops Here is a sticky in the new-owner section that will teach you about Bite Inhibition... Takes about 3 days to make a difference, but works great with Retrievers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone, I'll have to check out that thread then :)
I try to wear her out during the day by playing and such, only time she seems to behave is when she's sleeping :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts