Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

My name is Ericka and I'm new to this forum. Figured I'd check it out and see what kind of advice I can get with taking care of my new golden retreiver puppy and such. Along with checking out everyone elses adorable dogs/pups :)

Last month I got my puppy, her name is Lola and she's a golden retriever and currently part devil lol. She'll be 3 months old on the 28th of this month. She's got the "sit" command down and she knows the word "crate". However, she's got a problem with the jumping/ biting thing still. But we're working on that. But I do appreciate any feedback I can get if you have any tips/tricks to getting her to stop sooner.

Thanks-- Oh, and below are some pictures of her :)
Sorry if they're obnoxiously large I didnt know how to resize them :x

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

· Registered
2,588 Posts
I love the puppy golden fur they always have while young! So cute!!

Basics are redirecting with a toy and yelping when she bites. Check out the bite stops here sticky.

also- make sure she wears a life jacket when on a boat! My lab can swim faster than I can, and I still make him wear one when we're on the boat as it only takes a second or two for them to leap in!

· Registered
10,203 Posts
Is anything cuter than a golden puppy?

Retrievers are mouthy- it's what they were created for, after all. There's a sticky called The Bite Stops Here, I think in the training section, that is really useful. Just follow the advice, and stick with it. Too many people try it for a day or two and then give up and try something else. You need to give it some time.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone, I'll have to check out that thread then :)
I try to wear her out during the day by playing and such, only time she seems to behave is when she's sleeping :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.