Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked her up from the Humane Society about 10 months ago. They said she was a German Shep/Retriever mix, but I'm having my doubt's about that. She's about 10 months old and right at 30lbs. So my question's are, at what age do dog's hit their peak size? I was thinking around a year? It seem's like she was on a growth spurt, but then it stopped. And do you think she's a shep/retriever mix? Here are some pictures of Gabby

First night at home:

About 9 month's old:

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
If she's 30 lbs at 10 months I'd venture to guess there is some small breed in there. I see hound. Don't really see shepherd. Shelters a lot of times just make general guesses that are wrong.

Dogs can grow up until their two years old, especially large breeds. For a medium sized dog, though, I wouldn't expect a ton of growth after their first birthday, maybe 1 1/2.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, well it seem's she's been adding about 4lbs each month for the past 3 months, so I'm guessing she'll be around 40-50 lbs??

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
I see beagle and husky... I'm not sure why though!

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'm not good with mixes, but just wanted to say "What a cutie!"

The picture with the sandal is priceless.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all for the compliments. I was browsing through PetFinder and I found a dog that looked exactly like mine but older. They were saying its a Husky/Sulkai(spelling?) mix.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Sorry I can't help ya with what breeds she is, but she sure is cute!

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
She looks a lot like my Cara, who we have determined is some mix containing Border Collie/Rottie. She's about 60-65 lbs. Your dog looks leaner (less Rottie) so I agree there's probably a smaller dog in there. Those are common markings in mix breeds, though, so it's hard to tell. She's a cutie!

Attachments

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
I see GSD and Beagle personally

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
I'd through a SMIDGEN of Lab in there too. The face is beagle, the legs and tail are Lab/GSD....those ears are lab ears. Triangular and pointed. Beagle ears are low set, oval, and rounded at the edges.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts