Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I'm Julee. I'll be sixteen next month and I have two dogs, a nine year old lab, Shadow, and a three year old lab mix, Embyr. Both dogs are rescued, Embyr is my owner trained psychiatric service dog for schizophrenia and PTSD. We're from the small town of Kent, CT, and reside with four cats, fish, geckos, a bearded dragon, and a few other animals.

I entered the dog world at about five, when my mother began taking classes at a local dog school. I became infatuated with it, and quickly took over. Shadow became my first "real" dog that wasn't just a family dog, and I quickly took to dog school and 4H with her. We did agility, rally, and obedience, but I put her into retirement at the early age of six due to my mental health getting worse, and getting the new pup, Embyr. I have plans to pull her out of retirement and do some AKC rally, however.

Embyr is the light of my life and my other half. She has saved me many, many times over. She picked up on my symptoms and how to alleviate them when I got her at ten weeks (previously rescued from a high kill shelter in KY). She was my competition partner until I learned about Psychiatric Service Dogs in Decemeber '09. Feb '10, we dove into the service dog world and haven't looked back. She took to it like a duck to water (lab to water? ;) ). I considered her a full PSD about February this year, which is fairly fast to graduate a service dog, but she had a solid obedience background and extensive socialization beforehand. We now train in agility, obedience, rally, flyball and hope to go into dock dogs, disc, and tracking.

At any rate, happy to be here! Attatched are two pictures. The first one is Shadow, the second is a picture of Embyr and I.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts