Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across this site while searching for training advice and figured I'd ask the opinion of members here who may have had a similar problem.
I have a very well behaved 7 year old german shepherd/border collie and I've had him since he was a pup. The problem is my "new" boyfriend (we've been dating a little over a year now but this has been going on for several months), right around the time he moved in with me, my dog Bedevere, started to dislike him. He LOVED him before he moved in but now he's terrified of him and has resorted to biting him randomly and it's causing a lot of problems. He never does it when I, or anyone in my family, is around but as soon as he is alone with him, on a walk or in the house, he'll either run away and hide, or bite.
Bedevere also won't take treats from him and out of the 2 times he's taken him for a walk he's wiggled off leash, bit, and attacked other dogs, which he never does if anyone else walks him. I really love my dog and would never get rid of him, it's getting to be so much of a hassle to have to take him everywhere because I can't leave him alone with my boyfriend because I'm scared he's gonna bite him. I'm also 9 months pregnant and really don't want my dog to bite the baby although he shows no other aggression signs to people besides my bf. I was looking into dog training DVDS and things but most seem to teach basic commands like sit, stay, down etc. which he can already do. He'll even sit stay and wait for me outside of buildings or in the park. Any suggestions on a training method that would help him respect all people and stop him from this irrational fear of my boyfriend and fear biting??

1 - 1 of 1 Posts