Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I am an animal lover. I have an 10 year old kitty and recently took in a 2-4 year old dog that was headed to the pound. I originally planned to get the basics (vaccines, neuter) etc before finding him a home. After 2 days I fell in love. Warner is the sweetest little soul and a very good dog. Needless to say I decided to keep him. Now, 2 weeks later, he's up to date with shots, teeth cleaning, grooming, etc. Sadly, I noticed his breathing shallow and fast so I took him to the vet again. The ultrasound showed a slightly enlarged heart (3.5 ribs) and lungs look stressed. The vet gave him hydroxyzine in hopes its some sort of bronchial allergy or caused by the original owner smoking in the home. I do not smoke. He does not have a heart murmur, nor does he cough, sneeze, wheeze, etc. His heartworm is negative. He also tested negative for parasites and guiredia. So that's what brought me here. I need support, advice, and to hear others stories. Thanks for taking the time to read my post..

1 - 1 of 1 Posts