Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...but not new to dogs! I was raised owning several dogs, and I now own my first dog that I've had in adulthood as my own. She's been with my husband and I for six months now, and I absolutely adore her. She's grown on my hubby as well who is a self-proclaimed "cat person". We jointly named her Kaywinnit Lee after a character on the TV show Firefly...Kaylee for short. We were originally planning on adopting an Alaskan Klee Kai but we couldn't find any in rescue so I broadened my search to other similar breeds and found Kaylee, who is (I believe) half Eskie and half Aussie. My husband wanted a blue-eyed or parti-eyed dog (his only requirement other than the dog being female) and when I found Kaylee's Petfinder ad I was really excited, but also a bit apprehensive because we had been denied for other adoptions based off of our lack of a fenced in yard. Well, it all worked out in the end upon my agreement to walk her in all weather, which I can say I have just about done now that we are having 2 degree days!

Kaylee shares spoiled fur-kid status at our house along with Nova, our Bengal cat, and our three chinchillas...Scully, Esper and Arwen. And yes, all of our pets have nerdy names...LOL.

For now I am a one dog only person, especially since she is so perfect for our "family". She doesn't mind other dogs, but I think I would, even though I am a total Petfinder addict! She is slightly afraid of strangers (hides behind me and cowers away) because she was severely abused. I'm working on it though and she is getting more confident! She is also a heartworm survivor with luckily no long-lasting damage.

As for me, I am a teacher and animal lover! I hope to become better aquatinted with the forum to give as well as receive advice.

In short, hi!

Oh, and here is a thread with some photos of Kaylee:
http://www.dogforums.com/dog-pictures-forum/105897-breed-guesses.html

See ya around the forum!

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Hello and welcome! ... Yes, I do remember your girl ... she is beautiful! :) I am so glad that you were able to give her a new home and are doing well to help her trust again. :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Welcome to DF! I love all your pet names, they are so cute. I would also love to see pics of Nova. I love Bengals.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts