Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that Tiberius is no longer afraid of the camera, I got some decent pictures. :)

Ohh..birdy...I'm gonna get it!

No pictures mom!

Ok...one picture mom.

more...

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Play with me...oh wait...birdy!

I know that skunk is over there somewhere

I is shy boy...no pics mom!

All done! Thanks. :)

·
Registered
487 Posts
Gorgeous dog. You're so lucky to live in northern Maine. I lived in central Maine for a year but had to leave for employment. I miss all the snow!

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd trade places with you any day Bonn. I HATE the snow. lol. I grew up in Southern California and New Mexico..me and snow don't agree. Tiberius on the other hand, goes from lay about to spaz dog if there is fresh snow.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Oh wow, Dunixi... Have you posted pics much, your dog doesn't look familiar...

He's gorgeous though! I love the shot of him in the yard "playing", Donatello does that same thing, he'll dart around, dart around, dart around, -freeze-, then dart around some more! lol!

Donatello has just recently climbed half-way over the hurdle of being photographed... He used to turn and bury himself in sofa-cushions to try and hide from the camera. lol!

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have only posted a few pics. Tiberius has only lived with me for about a month. He used to run and hide whenever he heard the camera come on. Now he is at least lets me take the occasional picture of him. :) The weird part is, he hates the digital camera...but I pull out the old, loud 35mm and he isn't afraid of it. lol.

The pounce pic originally was supposed to him looking at me...but there was a bird that took his attention. lol He loves to chase the birds in my yard.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Tiberius is so handsome, and he's looking so much more comfortable. Thanks for posting more pics! How funny that he doesn't like the digital camera. Dogs can be strange sometimes. :p

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I will have lots more pics. I just got a 4 gig card for my camera. :D He looks so much better now that he is being taken care of and not left outside all the time. He has actually put on some weight too

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here are some more pics.

Mom, is my bed..no takey pictures.

Its my impression of a beagle!

I gets to visit with Grandma and Grandpa!! (My mom and her fiance)

Yes he looks terrified in the last two...that is because he is. My mom's dog had tried to attack him when we showed up..but her dog loves to meet new dogs. bleh.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I'd trade places with you any day Bonn. I HATE the snow. lol. I grew up in Southern California and New Mexico..me and snow don't agree. Tiberius on the other hand, goes from lay about to spaz dog if there is fresh snow.
Too bad we can't magically move our places of employment then (and all are friends too). My family is already in the northeast. Tiberius probably wouldn't like the move, though! It gets awfully hot here in the summer! Do you call him "Ti" for short?

I have only posted a few pics. Tiberius has only lived with me for about a month. He used to run and hide whenever he heard the camera come on. Now he is at least lets me take the occasional picture of him. :) The weird part is, he hates the digital camera...but I pull out the old, loud 35mm and he isn't afraid of it. lol.

The pounce pic originally was supposed to him looking at me...but there was a bird that took his attention. lol He loves to chase the birds in my yard.
Only a month? Is he a rescue dog? I got my rescue dog 4 months ago. She's the sweetest thing in the world!

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bonn, I may be moving in a few months anyway. Yay for the Army...not. He is a rescue of sorts. Tiberius and his two brothers were whelped to be sled dogs. The brothers (much bigger than him) love to pull. Tiberius wants nothing to do with the sled. He is terrified of it. He is scared of everything, which is why his tail is tucked in all his pics. His previous owners wanted to get rid of him because he wanted to hang out in the yard and play rather than pull. So I adopted him. I fell in love with him within 30 seconds of meeting him. We are working through a lot of fear issues. He is terrified of men, and acts like he was beat. He is also afraid of all dogs both bigger and smaller than him. He was completely unhousebroken a month ago, now he asks to go out. We call him Ti or Tibo for short. My fiance calls him Kirk because his full name is actually James Tiberius Kirk.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Bonn, I may be moving in a few months anyway. Yay for the Army...not. He is a rescue of sorts. Tiberius and his two brothers were whelped to be sled dogs. The brothers (much bigger than him) love to pull. Tiberius wants nothing to do with the sled. He is terrified of it. He is scared of everything, which is why his tail is tucked in all his pics. His previous owners wanted to get rid of him because he wanted to hang out in the yard and play rather than pull. So I adopted him. I fell in love with him within 30 seconds of meeting him. We are working through a lot of fear issues. He is terrified of men, and acts like he was beat. He is also afraid of all dogs both bigger and smaller than him. He was completely unhousebroken a month ago, now he asks to go out. We call him Ti or Tibo for short. My fiance calls him Kirk because his full name is actually James Tiberius Kirk.
Well to me, that qualifies as a rescue dog and you did a good thing! It's great that you're being so patient with Ti, too.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:) Thanks. He really is a great dog. He just needs some time and some work. His recall skills suck lol. But they are getting there.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I love Tiberius! :D I remember his other pics, and I hope you will post more! He is already looking so much more confident and comfortable, and he's such a beautiful dog. You did a great thing by rescuing him!

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
Tiberius is one of the most handsome dogs I've ever seen.

Good beagle impression, though the tail could use a little more lift!

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Very pretty dog! I love his markings! Bless you for taking care of him. :)

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Thanks everyone!

Rosemary, I swear he has some beagle in him somewhere. I have to wash his face after all our walks because he walks with his nose in the dirt for almost the whole thing. lol He doesn't pull like my beagle did. :)

Thanks Nekomi and FourisCompany. He is getting alot more confident. He actually instigates play now.

Two pics from this afternoon. One of them his tail is actually up!!! yay!!

Mom...theres people here...

Who is dat whistlin' at me?

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Deege! My neighbor was whistling to get his attention. He is so pretty when he stands at attention. :D

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Wow! In that last photo, it is clear that he is an EXTREMELY well-built dog! What a beautiful boy. I'm in love! He can come and hang out with Willow and Bandit anytime :D :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts