Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I`m kinda new on here. I Have a 1 1/2 year old male husky. I bought a female last nov. but passed away back in feb. from an toxoplasmosis infection. I started looking and found these girls and decided to keep the sisters together so I got both of them. This is max.
[/IMG] another
[/IMG] and the girls.
[/IMG]mia
[/IMG]

·
Registered
750 Posts
Oh my.... two siberian pups at once, hehe..... i wouldn't do that even if they were sisters:D

Edit: I find their tail to be oddly curled for a siberian pup.. is there a chance these pups were a Husky/Malamute mix??

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
It looks like Max could use a good deshedding! (Sorry, I'm a groomer...) ;)

The girls are cute, too. Erick is right, I think, about their tails being out of the AKC standard:

"Tail
The well furred tail of fox-brush shape is set on just below the level of the topline, and is usually carried over the back in a graceful sickle curve when the dog is at attention. When carried up, the tail does not curl to either side of the body, nor does it snap flat against the back. A trailing tail is normal for the dog when in repose. Hair on the tail is of medium length and approximately the same length on top, sides and bottom, giving the appearance of a round brush. Faults--A snapped or tightly curled tail; highly plumed tail; tail set too low or too high."

http://www.akc.org/breeds/siberian_husky/index.cfm

...but that doesn't matter if they are or will be altered.

Speaking of sled dogs, I'm reading "The Cruelest Miles" right now and would highly recommend it:

http://www.amazon.com/Cruelest-Miles-Heroic-Against-Epidemic/dp/0393325709/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1239675161&sr=8-1

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Uh oh... two siberian husky pups.... their CUTE!!!! but I'm also thinking I'm so glad you are doing two at the same time than me :eek:

ummmmm..... I keep hearing the teenage hears are kinda tough with sibes and I adopted mine at 3 years old. Rehearse the NIFL training techniques repeatedly. I still use it with Ilya or he will be very.... uncooperative.

I often feel like my husky follows my directions because he respects me and wants to please. He isn't the least food motivated and can be quite stubborn.

Oh... the picture of your pups make me want to get another one! :)

edit to add: WAIT A MINUTE.... YOU HAVE 3 SIBES? You are living my dream!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really the parents looked great and had normal tails. They have relaxed a bit over the last week or so. Just goes to show that 2 normal dogs don`t always make perfect puppies but it wasn`t enough to make me not want them because we are not breeding anyways.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea your right, while I was searching for pups I ran across a some that were 4-5 hundred for a pup with no papers, and some you could tell were not full husky.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts