Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!! we have welcomed Gracie to our family.. she is a Schnoodle and we are trying to get suggestions for grooming tips or styles... welcome all info!!

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
AWwwe! Congrats! Where are the pics! :) :) :)...............I have two.........do my own grooming. I learned about 5 years ago to save a world of money! LOL! Taking them to a groomer at first is good though to socialize them and get them used to professional grooming. Mine still hate having the hair plucked out of their ears. I didn't know about that until I took them to a vet. We didn't do all our homework before we got them. :(

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Welcome, I have a schnoodle too and we take him to be groomed every six months, we always put him in a short body cut with a schnauzer head. Lately we have been leaving a half in ball at the end of his tail, but that's just for our personal enjoyment. :D

A lot of what you do will depend on her coat type, our schnoodle has a very poodle like coat but even if we brushed it every day and kept it very clean there is no way to stop if from matting. This is why we get him cut in a very short cut every six months, it takes about six months for it to grow out to the point where it starts to mat.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oooh! It depends on how wild you want to go. I'm a dog groomer, and we have a couple of schnoodles come in. If you toss us a picture, it'd be a lot easier to make suggestions!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts