Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is our new Saluki puppy, Khamsin's Shadhavar ("Shady"). We've had her for 6 days now. Cute as a button, but also a handful! She's 9 weeks old, and hyper-smart. She learned to sit from voice command only in just two 5-minute sessions! Her dam was a smooth silver grizzle (almost black and white) and her sire was a feathered golden. She's definitely got both parents look to her.

Portrait of a Saluki Puppy by jhenkel.ca, on Flickr

Coy Saluki Puppy by jhenkel.ca, on Flickr

Sunbathing Saluki Puppy by jhenkel.ca, on Flickr

Fuzzy-eared Saluki Puppy by jhenkel.ca, on Flickr

Saluki Supermodel by jhenkel.ca, on Flickr

Saluki Puppy in the Sun by jhenkel.ca, on Flickr

Sleepy Saluki Puppy in the Sun by jhenkel.ca, on Flickr

Soft Saluki Puppy by jhenkel.ca, on Flickr

Trotting Saluki Puppy by jhenkel.ca, on Flickr

Saluki Om Nom Nom by jhenkel.ca, on Flickr

·
Registered
705 Posts
She is absolutely gorgeous. I love Salukis and they are one of my "dream breeds" (someday!). You have got to post more pictures of her as she grows up. Are you by chance looking to do any sort of lure coursing or anything with her?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
She is so cute!!!! I've always admired Salukis, they are so beautiful.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
You have a beautiful pup! :D
I can't wait to see photos of her full grown!!

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
What a cute lil smidge!!

Is she feathered, or smooth?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
What a cute lil smidge!!

Is she feathered, or smooth?
She's feathered. In her litter, there were 7 smooth puppies and 4 feathered ones. She was the only feathered girl, which made our decision easy!

Yes, we definitely want to lure course her. Both her parents course, and do very well. Her breeder offered for us to tag along on some courses that she takes her dogs to, so that Shady can get acquainted with the activity (and see her parents again). She lives a good distance away and the season is pretty much over, so it probably won't be until next summer.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
She's a beautiful girl. I hope you keep posting photos - Salukis take my breath away. I can't wait to see her all grown up!

·
Registered
751 Posts
Look how beautiful she is , just imagine her when she is fully grown!
My mom had one a few years back that they fostered, so easy to fall in love with.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts