Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
My name is Sue and I am a first time Rottweiler owner. I bought a 16 week old puppy from a local breeder with a good reputation, and I am going to bring my new baby home on Friday! His name is Dante, he is a German-bred Rottweiler.
I have had dogs all my life, I currently own a pair of basset hounds, but I have been researching Rotts for maybe the past year or so. I have taken the breeder's recommendations for food and suppliments and I have enrolled Dante in a level l obedience class to start on Aug. 23rd.
I am interested in any tips that experienced owners of this wonderful breed have to share!

·
Banned
964 Posts
I have a Ninja Rotttweiler..
Her name is Roxie.
Very much like a labrador retreiver...only more protective.
They play hard and are extremely lovable and intelligent animals.
Mines a Ninja....not a German...

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Welcome to DF! I bet your excited!! We'll be expecting pictures! What does your breeder do with their dogs? Do they title in any venue?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe she does agility and Schutzhund events. Her dogs are imports, and she shows conformation with them. They are certified for hips, elbows and heart. When I met the sire of my puppy, he leaned against me and when I reached down to pet him, he rolled over for a belly rub. I was impressed!

I am more interested in obedience training so I can do some therapy work with my pup, but maybe if I have a dog I can actually train, I will continue into the advanced classes.

Pix soon!

·
Super Moderator
11,555 Posts
Houndmom, you need to upload your photo(s) to a host, like Photobucket. You can't link directly to your desktop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts