Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope we can become one happy family. The cats are curious but hiss quite a bit at the high energy pup. The kitties like to be near her when she is distracted or sleeping...it is really quite entertaining. One cat even joined us for a walk. :clap2:

THe first week we kept the animals apart. The cats have two safe haven areas ...or puppy free areas. I wonder how long it takes to get them to adapt to this new arrival.

We just love our new Pup! And we love our Maine Coones too..they are such mellow dog like kitties.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Your puppy is adorable! :) I can definitely see the BC. :)

I had a stray black cat that I found a home for finally ... used to walk with the dogs and I on our hikes in the woods ... cats sure are good off leash! Maybe they could give the dogs some lessons! Lol! :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your puppy is adorable! :) I can definitely see the BC. :)

I had a stray black cat that I found a home for finally ... used to walk with the dogs and I on our hikes in the woods ... cats sure are good off leash! Maybe they could give the dogs some lessons! Lol! :)
Molly is adorable 90% of the time...unadorable moments are chasing kitties, digging, or mouthing incidents. Potty training is going well. :whoo:

·
Registered
4 Posts
My last neighbor had a big maine coon who was the sweetest cat ever but he had an attitude like he was a dog. He tried to do everything dogs do but he didn't like water (that's the cat side showing). The only bad part was he had these razor sharp claws! He got me once and he scarred my wrist for life. Good luck with your new puppy, so adorable!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My last neighbor had a big maine coon who was the sweetest cat ever but he had an attitude like he was a dog. He tried to do everything dogs do but he didn't like water (that's the cat side showing). The only bad part was he had these razor sharp claws! Good luck with your new puppy, so adorable!!
Mine love the water too...one would jump into the bathtub...loves water...they are odd cats. Oh yes those claws can be scary...I trim ours often..especially since we got the new pup...those claws are trimmed down as much as possible.

·
Registered
7,412 Posts
Maine Coons are lovely cats. I had one and he was great with my big dog, too... I lost both of them a few years back, and I miss them.

Your two are quite pretty, and your pup is cute!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maine Coons are lovely cats. I had one and he was great with my big dog, too... I lost both of them a few years back, and I miss them.

Your two are quite pretty, and your pup is cute!
Sorry about your lost, I agree they are unique cats, very sweet and mild mannered.

Molly is getting bigger every day, but the best part of a pup is the full body wiggle when they greet you. I just love how they express happiness. My cats also greet me at the door too, well now they are bit reluctant if puppy is looking like hyper drive.:wink:

·
Registered
482 Posts
We have a BC mix named Molly and a Maine Coon Cat too!! Molly is 8 months old and the cat is 8 years old. This cat is great with dogs, he was just playing with Molly in the kitchen ;). We also have a 14 year old Cattle Dog mix, she doesn't like either one of them, though they both love her.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts