Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked out my puppy today we named her Aries,after my son's sign he passed away 2 years ago.. I introduced to each dog ( muzzled just in case) but I dont think I needed to they were fine with her, even though Aries Growled at Cash more then Gypsy, I have a large kennel for her, but I have a small one that she is in while we are all together upstairs so she isnt alone... her crate is in between both dogs and they like that... OH MY 3 rottweilers lol thats what my neighbors are thinking, but Id rather have 10 rottweilers then their one Golden that is annoying as anything... ok here is Aries... 8 weeks on Monday but I was allowed to get her 2 days early since I will be gone

Attachments

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Aren't you the one who posted about your bitch having dog-to-dog aggression issues?

Cute pup, in any case.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
She did have dog aggression, weird she never did with dogs of her breed I know it had to be a fluke or something, I waited until Cash was about 4 months before I introduced them and they are best friends, in the past Year Gypsy has changed alot, she is accepting of alot more strangers and she played with my father in laws dog muzzle free, I swear I thought I would pee myself(sorry) I was so happy, then when the Golden came charging at her to fight one day , all she did was bark loud in his face no bite or anything and he yelped home... We went to the parade and she could walk by dogs and no lunge like in the past, so I am very proud of her, it took ALOT of work to get her to where she is... By the time Aries is mature (2) Gypsy will almost be 6 and if she is calming down with each yr then she will be calm as can be. And as long as the cats are in their condo or not running she is fine, if they run she wants to chase them. My life now is helping my friend do some training with her dog, getting kids ready for school, getting Cash ready for his therapy dog test, and slowly introducing the cats and the dogs, now training Aries, and Im starting school for dog grooming either in the fall or January...

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Are rotties prone to being dog aggressive? I've never heard of that.

Adorable puppy!! Keep posting pics as she grows :D

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Aries is adorable! Congratulations!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No They are not prone to aggression, they are loyal and protective, I bought Gypsy before I really knew about dogs, her mom was a bit skittish, and I never thought genitics came into play, Cash and all the dogs at my breeders are so much different temperment wise... Now they can be with you and lick and love any stranger, yet their natural instinct is to protect you if necessary... My trainer described Gypsy as misunderstood, plus she had some things happen to her at a young age that may have made her the way she is/was, the neighbors dog would try to attack her and he has attacked another dog I owned... But I think the older she has gotten the more mellow she has become, like my trainer said "even the toughest bitches can mellow out :) "

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
Are rotties prone to being dog aggressive? I've never heard of that.
If they are, Moose never heard of that, either, LOL. Honestly I've never met a dog that's more accepting of other dogs than he is.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
That is awesome! Such an adorable baby.

I'm sorry you lost your son. You must be a very strong person to keep going after that.

·
Registered
640 Posts
So cute! Congrats!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
That is awesome! Such an adorable baby.

I'm sorry you lost your son. You must be a very strong person to keep going after that.

So many people tell me that, but I am not strong at all, I just have 2 other kids that need me, but trust me there are times I wanted to die as well... Timmy was my world and I not a minute goes by I dont think of him...

PIc #1 is Fello he passed away 2 weeks ago he is Cash's dad
Pic #2 is Gypsy and the puppy
pic #3 is the 3 in their kennels
pic 4 is Gypsy with her big tounge and ball
pic #5 is Cash

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts