Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Our puppy is just over 8 weeks old, we have had her for 5 days. She was very very quiet last night and when we came down her room we have her staying in had poo everywhere, diarhea and possibly some vomit. She is acting very quiet and seems like she keeps clenching her stomach.

She also, once and awhile seems to get the hiccups, but we're not sure if it's hiccups or not. Do these sound normal? Should we be concerned?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hello,

Our puppy is just over 8 weeks old, we have had her for 5 days. She was very very quiet last night and when we came down her room we have her staying in had poo everywhere, diarhea and possibly some vomit. She is acting very quiet and seems like she keeps clenching her stomach.

She also, once and awhile seems to get the hiccups, but we're not sure if it's hiccups or not. Do these sound normal? Should we be concerned?
Hmmmm. Unfortunately I do not have an answer for the combination of symptoms, but the uncontrollable diarrhea can be a simple tapeworm issue that is easily treated. If the odor is EXTREMELY foul (a really distinct smell that you would never forget) or has blood in it, if the inside of her mouth looks red, or if she refuses to eat, get her to a vet ASAP. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So my fiance is at home relaying information to me. She has clear diarrhea, when I cleaned up her room there was regular poo, and diarrhea that was just brown, and one that was like a cow pattie almost but that was small, it was like the history of it going from normal to diarrhea.

But she seems to be "twitching" or clenching her stomach a lot when she lays down.

·
Registered
66 Posts
So my fiance is at home relaying information to me. She has clear diarrhea, when I cleaned up her room there was regular poo, and diarrhea that was just brown, and one that was like a cow pattie almost but that was small, it was like the history of it going from normal to diarrhea.

But she seems to be "twitching" or clenching her stomach a lot when she lays down.
I don't think I've ever witnessed clear diarrhea. Maybe call her vet for an opinion?

·
Registered
673 Posts

Clear diarrhea like that is serious from two standpoints- as a symptom and as a cause of severe dehydration. Get her to the vet, a lot can go wrong with puppies and they're not hardy critters at that age.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Hello,

No, it doesn't sound normal. She could have Parvo which can be fatal to a puppy that age.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, it sounds like she was just pooping liquid but has sort of gone back to normal now. I'm assuming it's just a stomach bug or something and that might explain the "twiching" if she has a stomach ache. Vet appointment for this afternoon! I love this little bugger. I hope she's okay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts