Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today my mom and I were going to Kroger, and I saw a new store in the shopping center called "Your New Puppy." I was fuming and told my mom I'd meet her in Kroger in a minute. She was hesitant to let me go in this store (I may have a slight temper problem when it comes to animals:rolleyes:)

So I go in. It's clean, they have some good products, which is annoying because I'm not going to buy anything from such a place. I plan to raise hell and then I see it...a little Pembroke Welsh Corgi. It looked so pitiful. Corgis are typically very observant of everything and everyone around them. This one looked very sad and uninterested. My heart melts and I ask to hold it(if I said anything beforehand I wouldn't have been able to.) She was such a sweetheart. She really came to life after some kisses. I must have been there for awhile because finally my mom comes in and gushes over the puppy, too.

So I finally give the puppy back and ask the girl "So where do you get your puppies?" She tells me the man who owns the place breeds some and the rest come from all over Ohio. So I say "So they come from puppy mills."
She tries to tell me they don't and that all the breeders are "legitimate". I respond with "Really? I'm not aware of any reputable breeders who would breed mixes like this "Chiweenie" ." And her face does this :eek: Yeah, she's got nothing to say to this. The owner was apparently unavailable and this girl knows nothing.

So upsetting.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
*Claps* It's nice to see someone asking the right questions and making these people think. Around Philly there are so many pet stores selling puppy mill dogs that it makes my head spin. The worst part is, is that in some of these stores some of the workers acutally think that they are doing well by selling these dogs; basically they have no clue that they are from mills or choose to believe the popular lie of "they are from good breeders".

I hope that corgi will find a good home, but at the same time I hope that store is shut down. Lol.

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
There is a place like this by our house. I've been in before before they started selling puppies and the lady who knows it knows a lot about dogs and sells some good stuff. At first I only saw they were selling Chihuahuas. I thought, all right, she must know a breeder or is the breeder herself. Then all sorts of puppies. Today, the latest sign says "Schnese and Teddy Bear puppies!"

What the hell are those? I will not be going there anymore.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Poor little corgi. =(

Good job. While I feel sorry for that employee, if she really cares, because now she'll have mixed feelings about her job, I'm still glad you spoke up and informed the clueless employee about where the puppies must have come from.

At least she wasn't like my mother. >_> We talked yesterday about my sister having gotten her Miniature Pinscher from a BYB. Mom was adamant, the breeder wasn't a BYB. Yes she was. It's not even one of those "maybe they are, maybe they're not" cases - this lady was obviously a BYB. Mom was so angry that I told her they'd bought from a BYB. It would have been priceless to see her face if I'd told her that our purebred Siamese had come from a BYB, too, but Dad had shook his head, telling me not to go any further, lol. She would have flipped, though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts