Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
I know what it's like to have anxiety so I definately feel for you. If your main concerns are annoying the neighbours and traumatizing him, start practicing. Leave him alone for short periods, even listening outside the door. Come back in when he is quiet so he is rewarded for being calm by your presence. Take it in baby steps. You can do this! Make sure he has something to do like the Kong mentioned above. If you want him to have room to pee, try a baby gate on your kitchen or bathroom (not a closed door and making sure cleaning supplies etc are safe.) usually it is recommended that crates are only big enough for comfortably laying down and turning around to deter accidents, but if he is too young to hold it, and you obviously want him to be comfortable, start training to puppy pads. Take a deep breath. It's all about preparation step by step, little by little. Ask him to do time alone at home in durations you know he can succeed at first, before pushing him a little. I'm hoping your husband's mobile work is far enough in the future to do some preparation. If not, everyone will survive. As long as he is contained safely and no accidents are foreseeable, it won't be the end of the world. In the meantime, take care of yourself! If you are stressed he will be stressed so do it for him if not for you.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts