Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Like it says in the article, I'm one of those people worrying about no applications, home checks, or follow-ups. Heck, it mentions only one dog has been returned but that's already one dog in just two weeks!

Plus are the animals temperment tested? Is any thought being given to what type of families they are being placed with?

I really want to like the idea but I worry it's just going to turn into a place that dogs rotate through multipile times. That or a cheap and easy way for an animal abuser to get a dog. Cheaper than a puppy from a pet store and no background checks? Sounds like heaven for a person without good intentions.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
The pet stores here do that with cats, but no dogs. All of the cats are from the Humane Society, and all adoptions are screened by the Humane Society. Dogs aren't allowed to be sold in pet stores here.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
The pet stores here do that with cats, but no dogs. All of the cats are from the Humane Society, and all adoptions are screened by the Humane Society. Dogs aren't allowed to be sold in pet stores here.
Ditto for our pet stores here.

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
There's a local pet store that takes in unwanted puppies and kittens, and sells them for $15 (for kittens) or more (I'm not certain of the price for puppies). I don't know if she asks any screening questions or anything. I know she's saved hundreds of kittens and puppies from being drowned or shot, so she's doing good work, but most of the poor things probably aren't going to great homes. There's no Humane Society in that town, just a horrible city shelter, so she's doing the best she can....but still.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Pet store in our area can NOT sell dogs or cat. Only birds and fish. They do have adoption days twice a month were the local shelters bring in dogs and cats. Ppl wanted to adopt have to go thru screening before they can get a new pet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts