Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just rescued a puppy mill survivor. Such a terrible place. Eli has no teeth because of malnutrition, no vet checks. Live in a cage for 6 years. He is traumatized, but is coming around. He is learning about playing on grass, of being petted and held, of riding in a car, of trusting a human. He has no idea what to do with a toy. He is a beautiful white Pek. His eyes are fine and shiny. His feet seem to have a discoloration from bleeding on the wire cages. The first time I touched him he fell over terrified and acted as though he wanted to bite me. Did you know that puppy mill owners take metal rods and shove them down the dog's throat to crush the voice box so they won't bark and therefore attracts customers at the pet shop. I have a lot to learn about pekingnese. I know they have special needs, but I am determined to help Eli spend the rest of his years in a lot better shape than the first. It's nice to know I have a family of pet owners that I can go to when I need someone to talk to about my dog......many thanks.....Jan

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Welcome to the forums Jan! Yep, it's terrible the conditions these puppy mills keep their dogs in. I'm so glad you rescued Eli. Hopefully he learns how to be a "normal" dog again soon. I met a schnauzer once at the dog park who was a puppy mill rescue, she was debarked also, and she was coming along great and doing really well with all of the people and the other dogs. Good luck!!

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Hi Jan! Welcome to you & Eli!
Great big congrats to Eli for finding a good forever home!! And congrats to you for rescuing such a wonderful companion in need of your love & care!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts