Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
933 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  senorasmith1977 
#1 ·
Hello! I am the new mom of a 6.5-month-old Morkie, Maui. He's currently about 5.5 pounds. To be frank, we are struggling with housebreaking badly! I had a Maltese for almost 11 years (she passed away this past January) and even though they are notorious for being difficult to housebreak, I successfully had her 100% housebroken in 7 weeks and 6 days by the time she was 5 months old. I have had this little guy for 13 weeks this coming Saturday and he just does not "get it"! I am doing EVERYTHING there is that I know to do......crate training, strict schedule, potty bells, rewarding, praising, etc. I have researched this to death and I just do not understand what more I can do. I also know that Yorkies are notorious for being housebroken as well. So, with both breeds being mixed, I think I have a doozy of a case on my hands. My reason for coming on here is I would like to talk to others who have or are struggling with the housebreaking of a Morkie. I would love to be able to share my entire story and see if others have any advice. I am not dealing with the norm here (at least I don't think I am anyhow)......it is more than just a few accidents every 3-4 hours and all of the accompanying potty behaviors just do not add up! Anyone willing to help me please? Thanks for reading and your time!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.