Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for info on hand feeding yesterday. Search brought me to this message board. :wave: I have a now 26 months old purebred Border Terrier. Brought him home at nine weeks two years ago almost to the day (June 18). Being born the day before tax day, breeder gave him AKC registered name Brentwood's Tax Day Blues. His call name which I gave him is Burke. He's name for long-ago veterinarian, Dr. Walter Burke, who saved my childhood dog's life (Beagle, 1954-1966). I had a Border Terrier 40 years ago, though not for her whole life. Now that I'm retired, decided it was time for another dog. NO regrets. (You never really know for certain beforehand.) I survived his puppyhood which included ankle nipping. OUCH. We are doing well together. Would not want to be without him. I want to use photo of him as my avatar, but have to figure out how to do that. I'm not too techie.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jackie. I'm not too techie. I just sat down to try to figure out how to resize photo for avatar and how to post photos. Message boards seem to vary in that respect. Photos soon I hope.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got my avatar. :clap2: Jackie, you probably know Border Terriers originated from your neck of the world. "Border" is the England - Scotland border. Burke is blue and tan BT.

·
Registered
1 Posts
my wife is a Psycho, we have 2 dogs, first is a pekingese-pug that is 8yrs old and a shihtzu-pekingese that is 6yrs old. My wife started reading dog food reviews and has gone absolutely psycho now not knowing what to feed them. She has been reading reviews for about two weeks and is lost and taking it out on me and my son. She thinks all dog foods are wrong for them. She likes feeding them boneless chicken breast that she bakes in the oven. She likes a dry dog food to mix in with it. We have been using Blue Buffalo Lamb and Rice but she has read it is no good for them. Can someone help me get some peace and quite and let us know what is a good dry dog food is please. Also has anyone tried fromm dog foods?

·
Registered
828 Posts
I don't know if you can get this where you are but I feed Zack on Beta chicken and rice adult, you can get it in other types but this one suits him. Also james wellbeloved is a good dry food in lots of flavours. hope this is some help.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was kind of like that when I first got Burke. What do I feed him? Breeder feeds her BTs Solid Gold and Blue Buffalo. So I thought I'd go with that. But then I read more . . . . Now what? I'm old enough to remember the days when we simply fed my childhood Beagle dog Ken-L Biscuit. It was so easy back then. Now I've decided to go grain-free. I currently have big bags of Fromm and Blue Buffalo Wilderness. Good for now.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Got my avatar. :clap2: Jackie, you probably know Border Terriers originated from your neck of the world. "Border" is the England - Scotland border. Burke is blue and tan BT.
Yes I have quite a few down here. They are a very popular dog in the UK. Now photos please.!!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jackie, with so many Border Terriers there, of course, what do most do about grooming BTs? Certainly not clip? Owners strip / groom their own dogs? Do they let them go until coat is almost blown / very rough? Take BTs to professional groomers? I take Burke to a groomer every six weeks. I'm not looking for a show coat, but tell her definitely -- strip, do NOT clip. I'm thinking she may use Furminator on him. Whatever she does, I'm happy with results.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is Ribbon (named by the breeder), another Border Terrier I had 40 years ago. IIRC, only had her for maybe app. 2 years. So many years ago I don't remember. Situation changed at the time after my father died. Some years later, both my mom and I wished we had kept her. She was a sweet thing.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Jackie, with so many Border Terriers there, of course, what do most do about grooming BTs? Certainly not clip? Owners strip / groom their own dogs? Do they let them go until coat is almost blown / very rough? Take BTs to professional groomers? I take Burke to a groomer every six weeks. I'm not looking for a show coat, but tell her definitely -- strip, do NOT clip. I'm thinking she may use Furminator on him. Whatever she does, I'm happy with results.
Hi 30A dog, yes a lot of BT owners I know strip . they say its better for them and keeps them nice and tidy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts