Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, hello. I quite honestly don´t know how to introduce myself cause I am kinda shy about this subject :redface:

I have had my dog for around 5 years now and for some reason I´ve decided I am going to train him on some new stuff, so I decided to join so some of you might help me.

I am shy about the topic quite honestly, because I am surely not as devoted to my dog as probably many other users, so I feel kinda like someone is going to shout "BAD OWNER!" at me >.<

I am unemployed 21 year old only child and live with my mother (but it is perfectly normal here in Guayaquil, Ecuador :p. ) I am in college stdying advertizing and will continue there for around one more year.

hum I think I´ll leave the questions for later, as this is introductory. just wanna say hi and ask for patience and understanding for probably being far from comitted to the point of many of you are >.< .

In any case, I do have been more involved with Homero (name of my dog :D ) since my parents divorced, I have had to become the one to walk him, so, it´s something.

any case >.> hello! and I´ll check replies here between today and tomorrow probably (or shall I say today and today? judging for the fact that it is around 2:00 before sunrise here? )

So, hello :D

edit: and I do am excited to meet new people and learn more about dogs and better my relationship with Homero :)

·
Registered
496 Posts
welcome to the fourms! its a real great place to get alot of information

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

You can learn a lot here and definitely learn ways to better your relationship with Homero! (love the name!) You can also learn of a lot of different activities that you can do with him, too! As well as different techniques for training :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks both for the welcome! :) I am looking forward to indeed :)

And yeah, the name I also liked. My mom wanted to call him "Tarantino" initially xD. Not a bad name, but I didn´t feeel it was him. Even though originaly it was my mother´s dog, she conceded, so I ended up having him Homero :D

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Very nice name indeed :D glad she gave in!

What kind of a dog is he and do you have any pictures? (Forum members love pictures!!)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wanted to put em on avatar, but honestly, I can´t find them >.<

So I´ll take new ones tomorrow to show. :D

He is not pure race at all, but he is Dalmata . He has one blue eye.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
He sounds like a cutie! Though I've never heard of a "Dalmata" what kind of mix he is - since you said he's not a pure? :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think he is not pure. We got them from a lady who was selling him cause her dogs had puppies, but both his parents seemd dalmata. I don´t know I just know too little about dogs.

A dalmata is how you say at least in spanish to those dogs that are white with all the black spots:

(NOT MY DOG. Just an example of a dalmata :D)

Hum, actually the one from the picture does look a lot like Homero. Just that Homero´s spots are tinier. I plain don´t know xD

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Oh! A Dalmatian (what we call them in english)! They're pure dogs :) and very very handsome!

I can't wait to see pictures of Homero!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Homero

In this ones he was exhauste after our walk of today I think :D. :

Generaly I walk him for 10-20 mins (I generaly can only go around the equivalent of two blocks, and pretty much going merry go round on them for reasons of general insecurity in my streets) but today I sent him farther and past the gate. I think I´ll do it at least once a week from now on. Walk was around 30 maybe 40 mins today, and got to do new sniffings :D

Yehp, exhausted xD.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts