Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I'm Jennifer and live just outside Seattle, WA. I've been an animal lover & owner of many, many rescued animal companions for over 40 yrs! Currently owned by 2 beautiful girls --- an 8 yr. old female red Border Collie & a 2 yr. old female Doodle-looking mix*. Have also been a foster mom to many different rescued animals over the years.

I'm a certified Veterinary Assistant and wildlife & domestic animal rescuer/rehabber, and strong advocate and supporter of animal rescues & shelters. I also take a *very* keen interest in animal nutrition (health & wellness) and behavior (training & aggression) and have done a lot of research on these topics over the years.

*** Note about my "Doodle-looking" dog . . . Was told by the shelter where I adopted her that she was a Great Pyrenees / Standard Poodle mix and she looks just like you would expect this mix to look (she's creme-colored and always mistaken for a Doodle). But my curiousity got the best of me and I just HAD to know what her true DNA was. Turns out (according to the DNA report), she is actually:
12.5% Great Dane
12.5% Alaskan Malamute
12.5% German Shepherd
12.5% Siberian Husky
12.5% Standard Poodle
12.5% Chow Chow
25% of mixed breeds in Sporting, Hound, and Terrier groups

So the old adage is true --- NEVER judge a book by its cover LOL!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts