Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am a new member to this Forum. I am also new to the Mount Vernon, Ohio area as of June 2017. I have had dogs most of my life and always had a fenced yard. I showed, raised and groomed Bichon Frises for over 30 years. In that time period, I also owned a Doberman Pinscher and a Miniature Poodle, which we found. We now own a rescue mixed dachshund female that was born with a cleft lip and not completely formed right paw. The new Vet I go to has diagnosed her as having incontinence and has put her on Proin. I have read this site and am now taking her off the medication. I am looking for a natural remedy that works. I have read about the parsley but have found "Corn Silk" to be highly recommended. I would appreciate any suggestions anyone may offer. Thank you all and have a good dog day.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Welcome too the forum. I had a dog on
P R O I N for a long time and it did not cause any issues and did work for her incontinent issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your response. Is this dog still alive? If so, how old is the dog? Did you ever get a second opinion from another Vet or try any natural remedies?

·
Registered
627 Posts
I did not try any other remedies or medication at the time. Her incontinence went along with her older age and eplipsy so she was on medication for that as well. She was a Pomeranian and I had her from puppy to senior, she was 15 when she went over the bridge. At the time I didn't know about natural remedies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts