Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I apologize for my sad topic, but its the primary reason I went online for a dog lover community. Yesterday my long time friend Xoco (chocolate Boston Terrier) passed away after nearly 8 beautiful years. Unfortunately she choked on a chicken thigh joint and I wasn't home to save her. As sad as I am, I want to make sure this does not happen to anyone else.
I began feeding her two daughters and her the RBM (raw bones and meat) diet about 2 weeks ago. I made the mistake of allowing the nanny to feed her while I wasn't there and that is why she died.
I want to make sure people who are feeding their dogs RBM to always be PRESENT when feeding their pets this diet. If giving bones it is also a better idea to hold it in your hand while the pet eats it.
If anyone has any tips for grieving my pet please let me know.

Thanks for reading my post !
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
12,073 Posts
I'm so sorry. It's especially hard to lose a dog prematurely.

One thing I found personally helpful when I first joined this forum after losing a great dog was to go out to the pet memorial forum and post some pictures and tell some stories about my dog.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
davefogo,

I lost my year old Jack Russell pup mid-April to a neighborhood dog (wrong breed with the wrong owner scenario) so I know how you feel.

What I found help me is leaving her toys where she last dropped it if they're not in the way. When I'm ready to start picking it up I'll know I'm ready to move on but just not yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wessel,

Thanks for your tips and message. I am very sorry for your loss. The pain is so deep.


davefogo,

I lost my year old Jack Russell pup mid-April to a neighborhood dog (wrong breed with the wrong owner scenario) so I know how you feel.

What I found help me is leaving her toys where she last dropped it if they're not in the way. When I'm ready to start picking it up I'll know I'm ready to move on but just not yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,384 Posts
Hello all,

I apologize for my sad topic, but its the primary reason I went online for a dog lover community. Yesterday my long time friend Xoco (chocolate Boston Terrier) passed away after nearly 8 beautiful years. Unfortunately she choked on a chicken thigh joint and I wasn't home to save her. As sad as I am, I want to make sure this does not happen to anyone else.
I began feeding her two daughters and her the RBM (raw bones and meat) diet about 2 weeks ago. I made the mistake of allowing the nanny to feed her while I wasn't there and that is why she died.
I want to make sure people who are feeding their dogs RBM to always be PRESENT when feeding their pets this diet. If giving bones it is also a better idea to hold it in your hand while the pet eats it.
If anyone has any tips for grieving my pet please let me know.

Thanks for reading my post !
I don't agree ... This is very tragic and am so very sorry for your loss. I don't recommend holding a RMB while their dog is eating it. Yes be present for their meals. nothing in this world is fail safe. Nothing. I would rather people do their research and start dogs off on appropriate RMBs and that may include determining size and density of the RMBs you choose.

Again am so very sorry for your loss <3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for your post and condolences. How would you better set up readers to avoid the mistake I committed?



I don't agree ... This is very tragic and am so very sorry for your loss. I don't recommend holding a RMB while their dog is eating it. Yes be present for their meals. nothing in this world is fail safe. Nothing. I would rather people do their research and start dogs off on appropriate RMBs and that may include determining size and density of the RMBs you choose.

Again am so very sorry for your loss <3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,384 Posts


I don't agree ... This is very tragic and am so very sorry for your loss. I don't recommend holding a RMB while their dog is eating it. Yes be present for their meals. nothing in this world is fail safe. Nothing. I would rather people do their research and start dogs off on appropriate RMBs and that may include determining size and density of the RMBs you choose.

Again am so very sorry for your loss <3
Thank you for your post and condolences. How would you better set up readers to avoid the mistake I committed?
Do always remember things happen, even when we think we have covered everything, things can happen.. I hope you can be on the mend and move forward..
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top