Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there! I am super happy to be a part of these forums. I am sure they will come in very handy and I plan to be supportive as well.

My first question is about my timing moving houses WHILE acclimating my new puppy to my two cats. I am wondering if I should move to my new house with my puppy and then bring my cats at the end of the month OR if I should bring him to my old (moving out of) house to meet the cats, then move him to my new one and finally move the cats. I know the breed and how important it is to make sure this "getting to know you" period is taken very seriously.

Thanks!

Lilly

·
Registered
29 Posts
My cats are so territorial and they really like to own their space. With that in mind, I would bring the cats to the new house first. It is so detrimental that they adjust to the new space and I think doing that while adjusting to life with a dog maybe be overly stressful. If it were me, I would bring the dog to the old house to "meet" the cats in their space, then move the cats to the new house, and then move the dog. You may want to put some felix diffusers in the new house as well to help keep the cats calm (er).

Hth

1 - 2 of 2 Posts