Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pictures of Trent moving around, for Slartibartfast especially! Yes, I have many photos of him moving around, but don't post a lot of them because they don't turn out well.

I thought about why that was... and realized it's because Trent's default "action" is to turn and look at me, and watch what I'm doing instead of running around and playing. I only get good running shots if we're playing catch, in which I have to handle a dog, a camera, and a ball!

Onto the pictures - finally got a Nikon 50mm f/1.8 D to go with my D90, and couldn't be happier or more thrilled!

First off, the obligatory stacked picture. Posting a bit, but handsome anyway.
Bad picture because I accidentally had the lens on manual and thought I was in auto.

And, go!

Since I got my new "toy", Trent gets one, too. Finally a Bad Cuz for him!

He loves his new Cuz, without a doubt his favorite toy now.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And look who we ran into? Trooper!

Moving inside now to test the lens.

A couple of new favorite shots

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

My Champion of Holding Down the Couch

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
471 Posts
LOL. Thanks for posting those action shots! They look great and Trent looks so athletic. I think shots like that are a lot of fun. By the way, don't sell yourself short - you are an excellent photographer. Your pics always look great. I always open the threads you start because I know the pics are going to be great and of course Trent is pretty awesome too.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Oh absolutely fabulous! I have camera ENVY! I'm using a Motorola Android for my photos! Such beautiful dogs! I love to watch GSDs in action!

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
What fantastic pictures of two stunning dogs!
Thank you :D

Not going to lie, at first I forgot that I posted those three of Trooper, and did a double take "TWO dogs? Where?!" LOL If it's any excuse I slept at 5 AM and got up at 9.

Wow, Trent has such beautiful, kind eyes!! Awesome pics!
Thanks! He is my sweet faced puppy dog :)

LOL. Thanks for posting those action shots! They look great and Trent looks so athletic. I think shots like that are a lot of fun. By the way, don't sell yourself short - you are an excellent photographer. Your pics always look great. I always open the threads you start because I know the pics are going to be great and of course Trent is pretty awesome too.
Haha, no problem!! I enjoy getting a variety of pictures, so it's a good reminder for me to start practicing more with action shots, because I love them, too :) He definitely likes to be on the move, but he's one of those serious dogs that won't really do much unless he's doing it with me. I let him loose off leash and wait for him to go full out zoomies, but he just walks casually next to me, alternating between sniffing grass and watching me LOL

On the other hand, if I try to engage him in a game, he's a puppy all over again. If I run, he gallops. If I pull out a ball to throw, he's doing dances and twirls and all sorts of weird tricks. Clearly what I really need to do is hire someone to follow us around with a camera ;)

Thank you so much for the compliments, by the way. It definitely means a lot to me!

Oh absolutely fabulous! I have camera ENVY! I'm using a Motorola Android for my photos! Such beautiful dogs! I love to watch GSDs in action!
Thank you! This camera is really a great one, I'm incredibly excited to finally have a DSLR to play with (by the way, I have a Motorola, too!).

Have to add though that your girl is so cute, I don't think you can get a bad picture :)

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I know I already commented on these on another forum, but I am admiring Trent again. I have major GSD envy again... ugh thanks to all the GSD pics on here lately!! LOL

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I LOVE Prime lenses!!!
ME TOO. More and more in love everyday. I wish I had a DSLR and awesome lenses 3 years ago, when Trent was a whee puppy.

I know I already commented on these on another forum, but I am admiring Trent again. I have major GSD envy again... ugh thanks to all the GSD pics on here lately!! LOL
LOL! Always appreciated :D If a dog like Trent and Jackson lived together, they'd have a blast! Trent adores nice little dogs (and from what I've heard, Jackson is a super well behaved dog), and Action Jackson would really give him a run for his money on the energy department. He could teach Trent to dock dive!

·
Banned
126 Posts
I LOVE Prime lenses!!!
I do most of my dog pictures with a zoom lens. It really depends on how much flexibility you need.
Indoors I tend to use a 24-70 and outdoors i tend to use a 70-200
I use my 50 f/1.4 prime when I want to carry something light.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I do most of my dog pictures with a zoom lens. It really depends on how much flexibility you need.
Between you, Equinox and a few other people we have some great photography on this board. Some great looking dogs too for that matter.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No need for zoom lenses here, my dog stays close. Can't even get him to run around an open field unless I'm chucking a ball for him.

Not sure what that has to do with the fact that Keechak and I like our prime lenses? Keechak is a photographer as well, so I'm sure she understands the pros and cons of zoom vs. prime lenses and where a need for versatility comes into play. I, on the other hand, am just a person lugging around a camera smarter than she is, and a dog that doesn't take a bad picture ;)

Sorry, I'm just confused as to how your quote of Keechak's personal opinion and your response/comment is related.

Between you, Equinox and a few other people we have some great photography on this board. Some great looking dogs too for that matter.
Thank you so much for the vote of confidence! I definitely don't belong in the same sentence as rouxdog and "great photography", but I'm going through the learning process :D

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
I think this thread is about Trent, and how nice the photos of him are.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts