Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a new large breed puppy dry food to feed my dog. I was using the Wellness brand and with the recall feel I need to find another brand. Does anyone know what would be the best dry food to feed my large breed puppy?

Thank you for your expertise!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I switched from Wellness large breed puppy to an excellent, non-Diamond brand called Acana. It's made by champion's food, same company that makes Orijen. I'm currently feeding both of my 3 month American Bulldogs the Wild prairie formula which all life stages, has a good calorie intake, good calcium: phosphorus ratio, and great amount of high quality protein for muscle development.

I'm happy I found this brand, it's been working great for their sensitive stomachs. They have a really soft/smooth/shiny coat, solid 1-2 poops per day, no bad breath, and overall I'm really happy with it. In my oppinion, puppy/large breed puppy are just marketing strategies. As long as you feed top quality kibble with the right nutrients for the slow growth of a large breed puppy you will be fine.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
In my oppinion, puppy/large breed puppy are just marketing strategies. As long as you feed top quality kibble with the right nutrients for the slow growth of a large breed puppy you will be fine.
I agree with this.

I feed Nature's Variety Instinct and I love it.
Acana and Orijen are also great foods.
I don't know if Blue Wilderness is included in the recall but it's good, same with Innova and Innova Prime.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Blue is NOT included with the recall.

http://www.bluebuffalo.com/
As stated on the home page of their website, in RED so it catches your attention.
"NEWS UPDATE: Blue Buffalo does not manufacture any products with Diamond Pet Foods and all of our foods are completely safe for your pets."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts