Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

New kid on the block - Kiran's thread

38K views 410 replies 31 participants last post by  Canyx 
#1 ·
Long, long day for us and the puppy but so far? Sweet, fearless, curious, and just a good, steady, puppy.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
I think I'll hold off. It's morbid but I don't want to do it twice and might kind of collapse if I tied - and we're not far from losing Jack.

#6 ·
In this case, intentionally - Jack likes puppies and husband cannot bring a new dog n for a long time after we lose one because psychology. No regrets, since Jack's so damned happy to see a puppy but yeah, bitter sweet.

He's... really the most quintessentially puppy puppy ever. It's weird. Cool, but weird.

What a handsome pup! Congratulations!
Thanks!

#9 ·

Thanks, guys. So far so good but it's been less than 24 hours, so we'll see. He went to Kylie's agility practice this morning and met some new people and dogs though.

#12 ·
Thanks guys!

I suspect he's going to be a NEAT looking adult at least and so far he's a doll. Very normal puppy which I find very, very weird.

#15 ·
Get Out!!! That should be illegal posting that cuteness overload in here lol lol ... lol lol ... So happy she is home with you Welcome Kiran <3
Alisa♥;5140882 said:
WOW! What an adorable bundle of fluff, I wonder how much of that is coat and how much of it is pup ;) Love all of the markings and can't wait to see those evolve as Kiran grows! I love the name Kiran too, good job to the husband for the naming ^_^

Thank you all. He really is ridiculously awesome. I'm very, very happy with him - even if he's still hard as heck to take photos of (there will be a bigger photo dump just as soon as I edit them in)

#16 · (Edited)

hardest part of photographing him is that he's always in my face, LOL

I see you have food. I like food.

we were interrupted by the cat that moved itself onto my porch.

Serious puppy is serious. ...actually that's his response to startling things. Sit and stare at it.

Freaking puppies.

THIS FACE.

I just like how well you can see his spotting.

SPROING

Jungle Puppy

(one more)

#17 · (Edited)
2/2 here.

Kylie's old collar - tightened all the way down.

Okay, Kiran. Okay.

And that's all. Thanks for looking!

Reactions: Nugent
#22 ·
We'll see. I'm not too fussed this time - no ambitions for him at all, really, beyond he be a good pet and buddy. He's a pretty cool little dude all around. Very self-assured for a baby, sweet in spite of the constant chewing on things and people, and very into being close but also wanting to do his own thing.

And about 95% sure his name is 'yes'.

#23 · (Edited)

Molly has a play-style buddy, now. She approves.

God I love dogs who fetch out of the box.

Done now. Thanks for looking!

#26 ·
Alisa♥;5143290 said:
AHHH! I love him, I love his rust-colored speckles on his face and the bouncy puppy motion shots. <3
I suspect he's going to be a wickedly cool looking adult and watching his coloration/markings change (and they will) should be a neat experience. He's also just a doll - usually.

It's 5 a.m. Right about now you can have him. I mean, not really, and I'll want him back in a couple of hours, but I could do with a nap ;-)

#28 ·
He is very, very neat looking and I can't wait to see what happens with it. I *suspect* we're going to lose some of the blue ticking to fading/creeping tan, but I honestly have no idea. It'll be interesting to find out.

I will say he's grown legs this week, which is nice.

And also that for all the people 'sympathizing' about his difficulty, he's a remarkably EASY puppy. So much so I thought something was wrong with him at first. I mean, yeah, he's bitey/chewy, but easy.

#29 ·
Y'all have to know there will be tons of frequent pictures for a while.

11 weeks old tomorrow.

#31 ·
Y'all have to know there will be tons of frequent pictures for a while.
Please, as many pictures as you feel like taking and posting. Looking at pics of other people's puppies helps(or makes worse actually haha) my bad puppy fever.

He's absolutely precious and looks like a lot of fun. Can't wait to see how his coat changes as he grows :)

#30 · (Edited)
Puppy had a playdate.

Good time, all around. And he continues to be unfazed by *everything*. Very, very la-di-da puppy which is actually both very weird and a nice change.

#32 ·

His ears are doing... something, this week. LOL. (He's also pointy this week though this picture makes his nose look broad as heck)

#33 ·

And there was a miracle today.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.