Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

361 - 380 of 409 Posts

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Lol it's funny how dogs are built. Ralphie is 22.75 at the shoulder and hovers around 50-55 lbs. So I guess I guessed right on height! He doesn't look skinny at all in photos! I thought for sure he was a 50-60 lb dog!

·
Registered
17,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #362
It really is.

To be honest I think BCs and Aussies in general are a kind of good example of that? Similar sized dogs, but with very different typical weights. And that never doesn't make me go ????

·
Registered
17,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #363
DSC_0003.jpg

This used to be a can of catfood. It was not and is not opened. He managed to eat the catfood by chewing holes in the thing, then compressing it flat.

A-) WTF

B-) OMF

·
Registered
17,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #365
Oh boy! :D :D :D
Gotta put duct tape over the child-proof locks with this one.
Nah, see childproof locks require thinking about to solve :p And his problem solving techniques, by preference are:
Yell about it.
Bite it
Body slam it.

He's smart, but he'd really rather just use brute force, so I *usually* get warning before stupid stuff goes too far. Usually. Because it's loud. This was quiet brute force, but sticking them in a cupboard up high seems to have resolved the issue.

·
Registered
17,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #366
Ie: God help me i love him but he chooses to be stupid a lot and omg lol.

·
Registered
17,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #368
Not to stereotype, but the first thing that came to mind was "How very male of him..." Hahaa...
Saaaaame, man. Same. I try not to do that, but holy crap sometimes the stereotype fits and this is one of them!

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Haha! Kane would totally do that. As a matter of fact, just last week he tried to eat through his plastic tub of supplement powder. I heard strange sounds coming from the dogs' room and caught him in the act. Fortunately he hadn't quite penetrated the container yet so we didn't have powder everywhere.

I give the dogs empty plastic peanut butter jars to clean out and Kane will lick out what he can get easily, then he'll try to eat through the bottom directly. That's usually when it gets taken away.

·
Registered
17,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #370
Haha! Kane would totally do that. As a matter of fact, just last week he tried to eat through his plastic tub of supplement powder. I heard strange sounds coming from the dogs' room and caught him in the act. Fortunately he hadn't quite penetrated the container yet so we didn't have powder everywhere.

I give the dogs empty plastic peanut butter jars to clean out and Kane will lick out what he can get easily, then he'll try to eat through the bottom directly. That's usually when it gets taken away.
Thud is our PB disposer. Fortunately he hasn't tried to go through the bottom yet!

·
Registered
17,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #371
OkUlgz4kYS1vDFzf0mqyV.jpg

2LKDTPhi4Rhpd2DqhvpfS2.jpg

72oRZ2liyKSL3ToAmE2wJx.jpg

2ZnI1xEGUcP8UVgiyuKdRD.jpg

6r84Jaunnv89PHHm0vVsX5.jpg

7FbV476jhy7fnZiryOOyxE.jpg

We got some snow last weekend.

In other news, Kiran has been invited to participate in IPO after the holidays. I don't see me having anywhere near the time or money to commit (or the desire to commit the time and money, more like), but we'll check it ou. Cross training is good.

·
Registered
17,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #372

·
Registered
7,216 Posts
He's such a cool dog. And still, reminds me of Brae so much. I can't get Brae to take a break in an open field or by water. Open = something is gonna get thrown somewhere at sometime. (he is otherwise quite motivated to smell and mark)

Still so jealous of Kiran's size. Anyways, I love your updates and you've done a spectacular job with Kiran, as you do with all your dogs!

·
Registered
17,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #374
He and Brae remind me of each other, too.

Though, yeah, I have to admit I prefer the 40lb, can pick him up and lug him around if I have to version :p

He's a ton of fun. Also a ton of 'crashing into things dummy'. Which is, I reluctantly admit, also kind of fun - if deeply, deeply, exasperating sometimes.

This is a jump grid. He's supposed to land between every jump, even the ground bars. He did fine, at first. Awesome even. AND THEN:

Apparently 'two at a time, land on bars' is fine.

·
Registered
17,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #376
Lol! Is that standard spacing? His BOINGs! are just long, is all :D
It's standard spacing for a jump grid for a dog his height - 5 ft. Course space is about 3 times that (12-15). The goal was to collect and bounce up and over. He... chose not to do that second time through. Clearly he thought it was dumb.

·
Registered
17,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #377

this is not stacked - he just paused and I got a lucky photo (he is not cowhocked as heck, LOL) - but it's the nearest thing I've gotten in a year.

Aftermath of a long day of disc.

·
Registered
17,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #378
1eXQfdwxf9AyTMIIwigPiW.jpeg

He appears to have enjoyed his Christmas Day romp in the woods.

·
Registered
17,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #379

20 months.

Hug your sister!
Kiran: OK!
Kylie: Why.

·
Registered
8,367 Posts
View attachment 245920

This used to be a can of catfood. It was not and is not opened. He managed to eat the catfood by chewing holes in the thing, then compressing it flat.

A-) WTF

B-) OMF

lol welcome to my world.. I have to put all the can food in the old chest freezer Tasman's favorite is poking holes and crushing the food out of it and we have the big tall cans... geese

361 - 380 of 409 Posts