Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Looking forward to getting to know some of you on this forum and sharing ideas and support on different doggy issues!

I am from Melbourne Australia and am just starting out as a new breeder. We are breeding multi-gen Australian labradoodles and are registered with the Australian Labradoodle Association who want to see them become a registered breed.

I know I will have lots of questions along the way and I look forward to supporting anyone else out there too.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I would strongly encourage you to get in touch with the Master Dog Breeders Assn. in Australia. http://www.mdba.net.au/
They have some great information / instruction available for people who aim to breed quality dogs . . . and are not as snotty about cross breeding as the general pedigree dog community. I admit, I don't understand the politics of the labradoodle vs. Australian cobberdog split . . . I hope I'm not pointing you in the wrong direction.
So much about dog breeding is hands on and local (finding a good vet, finding the right stud dog, etc.). You may find the best help comes from within the Australian community.
IMO, multi-gen labradoodles are, or should be, pedigree dogs. Lots of snobs around who don't agree. Fine to discuss here, but when push comes to shove, you should probably also try working with the dogzonline community.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts