Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've been in our new home for about two weeks and now our terrier is having vomiting/diarrhea. She's always been an outside dog during the day and an inside dog at night. None of that has changed. With moving expenses, can't afford a $200+ vet bill right now. Help!

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
It's impossible to know without testing what is cause v/d in a dog who is left unattended outside. My dog had diarrhea on Sunday... but on Saturday he was eating manure while we worked in the garden (I strongly discouraged it, but he'd run up and grab a clump without stopping and keep running!). By Sunday night he was fine again. If you don't have the money up front for the vet visit, look into care credit. I wouldn't leave the dog sick with no explanation.

·
Registered
510 Posts
This is really a matter of whether you think the upset stomach is due to the stress of moving or a case of your pet getting into something. If you are certain it is stress related, try a bland diet. Boiled chicken and rice. If this does not start to clear things up within a day or two, I would say you need to bite the bullet and make a vet appointment.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
You need to take him to the vet. Two weeks of vomiting is a problem. I'd also stop leaving him outside. You don't know what's out there- various kinds of poop, rat poison, dangerous plants, etc. He could be eating something in the back yard that's making him sick.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts