Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My name is Taylor. I have had dogs all my life. I have a 12 year old Chihuahua at the moment who is easy going and an almost 4 month old Pomeranian the reason of which I joined. I truly need some help with him. He is super strong willed, very smart, and does not take no for an answer. I look forward to meeting other people on this site and hopefully gaining some insight on how to help my puppy before I end up having to get rid of him which I do not want to do. He has now bit three people vicisouly and today he bit me and I was bleeding for a good while. He only does this when he gets something in his mouth that he does not want to give up. I have to take it away because he tries to eat things that are non-edible and he tries to clamp his jaw shut and when I pry it open he growls then bites extremely hard to where I may need stitches. All this from a puppy with those needle sharp baby teeth. It takes everything I have not to hit him. I have never hit or spanked a puppy but what can I do? He did this to me today and last night to my roommate. Both times it was because he had something in his mouth he did not want to give up. I want to sign him up for obedience training but they say he is too young at this point. He spends a lot of his day in a play pen because if he is loose running around the house he is looking for trouble. He will get in the trash and once again grab something he shouldn't have and I have to get it away and practically lose a finger when doing so. I hate to have to crate him so many hours of the day but what the heck should I do? I'm feeling very helpless here. My last Pom was wonderful and never had this mean stubborn streak that Jaxon has. My heart is broken because he has been given the best toys, food, and life a puppy could ask for. I rock him to sleep every night. I want him to be able to sleep in bed with me but he gets up during the night and my fear is he will get himself into trouble and no one will be awake so he has to sleep in the playpen for now. I never imagined having a Pom would be like this. He also likes to chew on our clothings, hands, anything that he should not chew on. Saying no and handing him a suitable thing to chew on does not work. He gets his mind set on what he wants and is stubborn enough to keep trying to get his way. Please, anyone, is there anything I can do for Jaxon to help him or is it too late? I would think since we have only had him since July 3. and he is a baby there has to be hope. When he is in a nice mood he gives kisses and he loves to cuddle. It's not all bad. I just don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts