Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've been lurking for months but just started posting. I got an 8 month old SWD about a month ago. She's super sweet.
door.jpg Carmena02062012[1].jpg
Her name is Carmen--that's the name she came with and we didn't want to change it but I think it's a little weird for a dog.

I can't believe how much I love her!

Attachments

·
Registered
458 Posts
Congratulations on your new girl,
and welcome to the forum.

SWD's are interesting dogs.
It'll be nice to hear how she progresses.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
welcome :) Carmen is very pretty! we have a SWD thats been comming to daycare since he was a little puppy. are you gonna keep here shaved like that or cord her? the one I know is sheared once a year, and just grown out and corded the rest of the time lol

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Hello and welcome! Carmen is a pretty girl. :) I bet she will be a blast in the water this year! That would be so much fun to be able to swim together.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Saw our first SWD at a recent Tracking training day. She looked pretty much like yours.

As I recall, she did pretty well with the training, too.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks you guys. She's such a good girl. SWDs do very well in things like agility and herding. I'm not especially active, but I do excercise her and try to keep her active. I think I'd like to try scent training her for diabetes--my 9 yr old daughter is diabetic and it would be really neat to have Carmen alert to low blood sugars. But I have to work out a plan for that. Right now I'm just trying not to spoil her too much.

I think I'll be shaving her down twice a year. But I'll be sad because I really love her chocolate fur--she looks like a bear cub. Shaved they look like a totally different breed. I'll post pics next week--she's do for a shaving.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts