Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to this forum. We recently adopted a border collie mix rescue pup. She is 4-5 months old and her name is Bella. What else do you see in her? The ears and tail are throwing me off. She also has super soft fur, very fine texture and downy soft.

Whatever she is, we love her to death. Just curious for some input from others. She is approx. 18 lbs now and super mellow and laid back.

Thanks for your help.

Heather - mom of two kiddos, three dogs, two cats, one rabbit and one turtle

·
Registered
18 Posts
What a doll. :) I grew up with border collies. She looks like maybe some sort of spaniel in there too? That is def. a border collie face though that's for sure. Or maybe some rough collie? Possibly sheltie? Who knows. lol. You never really can tell.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had to look up a Toller and see what they looked like. Now that I see them, she definitely has that look. She also has the same looking coat as Tollers of a similar age. The ears and tail set are there too. Hmm, very interesting. I was thinking some sort of retriever based on her ears and tail set. She definitely doesn't have the intensity of a border collie. She's very mellow, happy to play, but happy to nap too. Thanks for input, it's fun trying to piece together the puzzle of a heinz 57 pup.

Heather

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Call me crazy but I see a little golden in the face. I agree there's definitely some retriever in her and perhaps a bit of BC or some type of spaniel. I also think she looks just like a Toller but they're really really rare. Whatever she is she's a cutie!! You better post more pics as she grows :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I just came from class, and there was a seeing-eye-pup in training sitting next to me (most adorable distraction ever, btw).

He had the same face as your new pup... so I'd say golden retriever x BC as well.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you for all the compliments. She is a little cutie. I started working on some training with her and she is very quick to learn. She's already working on hand signals for her sit and downs and is learning targeting. Just a fun little girl and so eager to please. My daughter was home sick yesterday and Bella climbed up on the couch very quietly and snuggled up with her, which my daughter just loved.

We are also working with the cockapoo in the pictures on "walking". He loves to walk on his hind legs and is quite a ham. Our aussie is a sweetie, she's our "nanny" dog, always taking care of everything and everyone.

I love seeing all the pictures of everyone else's dogs on here as well. They are all just beautiful.

Heather

·
Registered
282 Posts
She is so cute! I agree, I think there might be a little spaniel in her as well. Whatever she is, she is a gorgeous mix!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts