Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I am new here and have an issue with my dog that I have never had to deal with before.

Here is her history.

"Radar" is a 1.5 yr old Catahoula. She is 64pounds She is completely house trained.

About a month ago, she must have had an upset stomach, or eaten something because I came home to a Dirareah mess, in which there was two circles of pee on the the area rug, the rest of the mess was in the bedrooms. She has not had the dirareah since, but....

1.) I went out of town with her and she tends to get a bit car sick so I gave her a 1/2 pill of gravol on the way there, and 1/2 on the way back. She was super tired and slept most of the way back, and slept when we got home (if anyone knows houlas, this is nice when it happens! LOL ) Anyways, that evening she was sleeping on my bed, when I came in to go to bed, there was a wet pee mark.... she just moved and went back to sleep....I moved her into her kennel.

2.) 2nd time was two night later. I decided to try it again... the next morning, same thing... She pee'd while she was sleeping, realized it and wanted outside....

3.) She sleeps in front of the fire on a blanket, and after playing with a fellow puppy, went to sleep, she drips, or pees....

4. ) The other night, again after playing, she did it on the bed again, moved and went back to sleep.

This is driving me nuts! How are you supposed to disapline a dog if it happens while they are sleeping? Or would it be a bladder infection of some sort? Or just the muscles are relaxing too much when she is really tired?

I have had her since a puppy and have pooped her out numerous times on trail rides etc, but she had never done this...now it seems a bit of a habit. Does anyone have insight on this for me?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Can't discipline a dog if they don't know they are doing it. It sounds to me that she has a bladder infection. I think she needs to go to the vets to rule out anything else.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply. I agree, I cant disapline for something that she doesnt know she is doing. That is why it is frustrating, because she is sleeping! LOL

I wasnt sure about the bladder infection, because I thought she would be more irritated about it. But, hearing it from someone else, I will take her in and find out... Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
My aunt and uncle have a chocolate lab that was the same way.. anywhere she sat or laid there would be a little wet spot of pee.. They took her to the vet and she didn't have a bladder infection, but something else.. I don't remember what it was called, but she takes a pill for it now and doesn't drip any more..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks.

I will be making an appointment for her this afternoon. It has to be something as it just started happening recently. And, only when she is sleeping. When she is awake, it is no problem. I was wondering if it had something to do with the muscle control because when she is sleeping all her muscles are relaxed... Calling the vet now... :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts