Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, pet lovers!

I just wanted to introduce myself. My username is Rigama, and we just bought a six week old puppy yesterday. He is a German Shepherd/ Chocolate Lab mix, and his name is Harvey the Wonder Mutt, but we call him Harvey for short.

I have a 7 year old son and two cats, 10 and 12 years old. This is my first dog as an adult, though I was raised with Chows and German Shepherds. I guess like parenting my son, I find that I'm parenting my puppy differently than my parents parented their pups.

This seems like a very open and helpful board, and I look forward to "meeting" some of you:D

·
Registered
535 Posts
Welcome! I would love to see pictures of your pup. Or maybe even your son but I can see how that would be uncomfertable with you. I can't put my nephew on here he is five months old and his mother would kill me if I did.

My name on here is Pickleisaminidaschi. Pickle was my first dog he is pictured on my avitar.
Then I got Frodo,Charlie,Samantha and Brainard. All of them are miniature daschunds except for Brainard who is a miniature schnauzer. English is my second language so sometimes it takes extra effort to understand what I am trying to get across. I am 19. I have two sisters, Emily and Hannah and one brother inlaw who is named Sanjiv. My dad died when I was ten. I live in Illinois. My mom is awesome. I live in the country.

I can't wait to get to know you and your family.

Oh my old language is Czech. Dobrý den, na nové přátele.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
hows it going Wisconsin girl here. my real name us Erin but you can just call me Keechak.

I got three australian shepherds that you can see in my signature and if you click the link under the picture you'll find my website I made about my dogs

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
Hi there! Welcome to our forums. I hope you feel right at home here. :)

Harvey's a little too young to be away from the litter, so it will stand you in good stead to read about early puppy socialization and bite-inhibition. These are skills that he would have picked up from his mother and siblings, but since that can't be done anymore, you're going to have to stand in for them instead. These links will help:
http://www.paw-rescue.org/PAW/PETTIPS/DogTip_BiteInhibition.php
http://diamondsintheruff.com/behavior.html

Do post some pictures of Harvey soon, and let us know if you have any questions! Have fun :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts