Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey,
I'm Charis, I joined in order to learn more about my dogs, in particular our new siberian husky we adopted from the shelter. She is stubborn and refuses to "play nicely" (jumps, pushes, steals, mouthy and has a dominant personality). She was left at the pound (she had a microchip and they found her owners) by her previous owners and I'm guessing it's due to these habits. We our trying to use the "nothing in life is free" training with her but we are new at it since we have a labrador who has always just been happy to do whatever we ask (we have had him for 10 years). We also adopted a miniature australian shephard who loves to please and be near you (and who turned out to be sickly - poor thing :( ). Any pointers on siberian huskies are more than welcome I will take all the help I can get. My sweet animal babies include: Dawson my 10 y/o black labrador, Sierra a brown miniature australian shephard (age unknown-shelter dog ), Misty our siberian husky (age unknown-shelter dog), Iris my 9 month old psycho kitty (she has spasticly attacked everything since she was a baby - a blast to watch), Azul my darling spoiled rotten constantly talking parakeet, Phineas the II my red crowntail betta, 5 glofish, 2 guppies, 4 cichlids and I'm just short a partridge in a pear tree for my zoo. :D

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had her about 3 days now. She came home from the shelter on friday. She is already learning to sit for dinner and to behave (she beat up our elderly lab).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Even though I just joined the board today, welcome! I wish you the best with your dog! We just got our lab a week ago (well tomorrow).

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that's awesome. I just love our lab. He's the sweetest puppy (he still has puppy spurts at 10 y/o). Have you had labs before? They are just amazing dogs!

·
Registered
27 Posts
We had a Lab/ Rotti for a few years. He had heart worms when we got him (didn't know till the vet appointment 2 weeks later). After blood work was done we found out he had to much damage to give him the arsenic treatments. Our vet put him on heart guard and said the worms could no longer breed and we might be able to save him. He died a little over 2 years later. The worms did to much damage in the end but you would have never known by the way he acted! He was a good jumper, a great walker and a great compainion for our kids (well kid at the time). That was almost a year ago and last week we decide it was time, the house hasn't been the same. All the clawed and bite marks had been re painted. The blinds had been changed. We needed chaotic again!

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it's awesome to hear he was such a great dog. labs are such faithful companions. i think mine would follow me to the end of the earth (although he does like to explore quite a bit).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts