Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I just joined tonight to soak up allll the info I can before tuesday when I pick up my new pup (who is nameless at this time)
here he is! http://bcspcapets.shelterbuddy.com/animal/animalDetails.asp?animalid=89642&result=8

I'm reading as much as I can but I have a few easy questions i'd like some quick answers too.

So they say he is lab/collie, I read on here that people just think every dog who looks as he does is a collie cross. but being from the shelter, we don 't know exactly. I also read that this could be a very high maintenance pup? I have lots of time to spend training him but being my first dog I want to enjoy him as much as possible.

My girlfriend and I are reading as much as we can to learn before we pick him up. I put a hold on him, but if this is the wrong dog for me, I can always just donate the hold to the shelter and find a better breed, this guy is sweet though, he's much smaller than the rest of the litter.

Do you think his fur will be long? It feels like husky fur.

lots of random questions i'll have to ask as we go. thanks and sorry for a long post. I'm searching lots as I go.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Welcome to DF :D

The shelter sad lab/border collie and that looks about right.

As for coat, it's probably going to medium length or so it appears.

As for high maintnence, maybe not, or maybe so. As long as you exercise a dog daily, and train a dog with formal obediance, not many dogs are high maintnence when there tired.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
great! his coat isn't smooth like a collie or lab it's much rougher.
and they said he probably has husky and shepherd too, so i think he has the husyk fur but not quite as long.
could you find a picture of what you'd expect his fur to be as an adult?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
things fell through, wasn't meant to be i guess! I'll keep looking and find the perfect little pup. I think i'd enjoy a boxer/lab

1 - 7 of 7 Posts