Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First foster! From a hoarding situation, she's 4 and looking for the perfect home and I get to keep her till she finds it! We guess beagle/Lab mix. She's only about 30lbs and and odd color. We're trying to decide is she brown or black? LOL Well here she is!

See, what color is she?

She's the calmest dog ever

Most pics are from the first day she was knocked out when we finally got home

She's such a pretty girl!

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
She is VERY pretty!! Love the coat... but I've got to say that I really love Hallie. Whether its Susy or Seal Girl, she still won't want to share the attention and space and toys.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha, thats cute! she definately has a beagle face though. :)
Yeah that's what I thought when I saw her! She has a face so much like Hallie's.

Hehehe, she is brolack. or Blarown. Blackbrown. :D
Lol! I'll make sure to tell people she's a rare "Blarown" dog! :D

She reminds me of the the colour of a seal, so I say call her seal-brown! lol shes very cute!
funny you'd say that because she does this thing where she puts her ears back and I've always thought she looked like a seal! She does kind of have a seal color.

She is VERY pretty!! Love the coat... but I've got to say that I really love Hallie. Whether its Susy or Seal Girl, she still won't want to share the attention and space and toys.
Thanks! Yeah she's really shiny too, awesome coat on her. Lol Hallie's a toy hog! She's getting used to her but I'm sure she'll be glad when she's gone which will be soon after a home check since we have a potential adopter :(

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
She's adorable. The black/brown thing you see is probably the result of the beagle's tan trying to come through the Lab's black. (Assuming it was a black lab) I don't know itf it's possible, I'm not genetics expert, but it seems to make sense. My dog is like this, too, although not nearly as pronounced, and she is part hound.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
She's adorable. The black/brown thing you see is probably the result of the beagle's tan trying to come through the Lab's black. (Assuming it was a black lab) I don't know itf it's possible, I'm not genetics expert, but it seems to make sense. My dog is like this, too, although not nearly as pronounced, and she is part hound.
That's cool, I've never considered it was a combination. It does make sense though. I didn't think colors could mix in that way :rolleyes: I noticed that on her face a legs the hairs are brown with black tips I find that very odd!

What a cutie!!
I love her colouring!!!
Thanks! Me too! She's already found a new home so after a home meeting she's off to her new home..:(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts