Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a new foster dog that we got earlier this month. Her name is Lexi. She and her siblings were found as feral puppies living in an abandoned house in the woods. She is very scared of strangers, but she warmed up to me and my husband very quickly. She snuggles with us, sleeps in our bed, and loves playing with Jack and Finley. We are working on socializing her more as if we go out and she sees people she gets very nervous and doesn't want to go near them, especially men.

·
Registered
8,384 Posts
Congratulations !! I like to just leave them in the vehicle and let them experience all the noises and people walking by... and never have to worry about pushy people forcing scary attempts at contact before they ready... Gab a bite of take out and park at the back end of Walmart super center parking lot to eat.. get out to take a potty break.. I love good size parking lots for sight and sound experiences and people focused more on coming and going minding their own business...

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good ideas, thanks! We've taken her to the dog park and the dog bar because she loves other dogs and being in a group of them around people makes her a bit more comfortable, but it would be good to get her out on her own and work with her one on one. It has been a bit hectic with the holidays.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finley and Lexi are best buds :)

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Miss Lexi looking fancy in my reading chair :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts