Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A month ago we switched over to Nature's Variety Instinct Grain-free Turkey kibble. It is a little higher in protein so we had to adjust the portion to 2/3 cup total for the day.

Anyway, she usually had 2 poops a day...sometimes 3. Now on this new food she does 3 to possibly 4 micro poops a day. They are also a bit firmer....I think the extra firmness will be good for her anal gland issues.

Are these micro poops ok? Sorry, I am a little concerned about using more baggies than usual.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Different foods result in different stools, just like with humans. When she was kibble fed, Molly used to poop 2-3x a day. Now she's raw fed & we're down to one a day & a small amount b/c her body uses a lot more of her food. Sounds like you're fine to me.

·
Registered
262 Posts
me too i will let you know cause i just started switching my dog from the grained one to the limited turkey based one it has to be done gradually since she has a senstive stomach that causes her to puke

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Sydney's poops are a lot smaller on grain free kibble than they ever were on other foods. I think what you're describing is probably normal, but I've personally never noticed that she was going more often, just that they got much smaller/firmer. It could be that she's still adjusting to the new food, though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts