Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I have two small dogs. 1 male mini schnauzer and 1 female Chinese crested powder puff.

The schnauzer has NEVER had any food aggression. He is almost 2 and the little girl is about 7 months old I didn't start having problems with her until recently. She now growls if my schnauzer walks past her when she's eating or if I pet her. She hasn't snapped at me yet but I feel like that is the next step.

Have any of you experienced this and if so how did you fix it?

I have read books and done research I just want some first hand experiences.

TIA

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
A quick fix only is to have them eat in separate areas. :) I had to do this with my two little Schnauzer/Poodle dogs who are 5 years of age when the big 5 month old pup Abbylynn came along. After doing this for 7 months now they have just accepted the fact that nobody bothers each other and nobody goes near each other now when they are eating. I played the food police and stood between all three of them. :) They know their food is safe. :) I no longer have to stand watch.

Just my way of doing things ........

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well they are separated she just takes much longer to eat than Fredly and I have a hard time keeping him in another room. I just don't want it to turn into human aggression or accelerate to where she thinks she can get away with snapping or growling at Amy of us. Fred never bothers her he just wanders around after he finishes. I've never seen him try to steal her food.

Thanks for the suggestions. : )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts